Windows 10 Insider preview build “16179” the third release of Redstone 3, and it is a way to taste the new and experimental features. This build comes with a few new features such as improved Virtual machine and a brand new Power Throttling* option to save power on CPU consumption. Here is a comprehensive guide on how to download Windows insider preview offline ISO files and resource to help you install it on your computer.
Contents in this post
Windows 10 insider 16179 ISO Download
Language: English 16-in-1
[Direct Link] Base Image Win 16179.wim
Windows 10 insider 16179 ESD/UUP Download
16179 UUP: Download here
Download us-amd64_en.zip (for 64bit) us-x86_en.zip (for 32bit)
Get the decrypter from here.
How to Create ISO file From UUP
- Unzip the decrypter zip using a tool like Winrar or 7Zip.
- Copy or Move the us-amd64_en.zip or us-x86_en.zip file inside the decrypt-multi-release/UUPs/
- Extract amd64_en.zip or x86_en.zip files.
- Now open the Convert-UUP batch file. Select a number of your choice and press enter.
- After a few minutes, the ISO will be ready.
Method 2 Create ISO file From ESD
- If you have (“.ESD file”), copy it inside the decrypt folder and open the decrypt-ESD (decrypt.cmd in the video) file.
- Choose your preferred option, basically, choose option 1 if you want to create a standard ISO file.
- Press “Y” and after some minutes the ISO file will be ready.
Watch the Video Below
Windows 10 insider preview 16179 Fixes
Revert VM: an Improved virtual machine with undo feature to correct mistakes. New automatic checkpoints.
Introducing Power Throttling*: Save CPU power consumption
*Power throttling is a temporary name and subject to change.
- Fixed the issue causing apps that use the Desktop Bridge (“Centennial”) from the Store such as Slack and Evernote will cause your PC to bugcheck (GSOD) when launched with a “kmode exception not handled” in ntfs.sys error.
- Fixed an issue where adding Hindi to your language list and downloading the on-demand language resources would result in Microsoft Edge crashing on launch and file search returning no results via Cortana or Windows Explorer.
- ON desktop screen the When “Auto arrange icons” was set to On and “Align icons to grid” was set to Off cause icons to move unexpectly.
- The existing Group Policy to disable the lock screen is now available for those on the Pro variant of Windows 10.
- Fixed a rendering issue from previous flights where specific multi-monitor and projection configurations could fail depending on the hardware used.
- Fixed an issue resulting in the location icon being continually on in the taskbar after the first time the Action Center was opened if the night light quick action was visible.
Windows 10 insider preview 16179 known bugs
- Error “Some updates were cancelled. We’ll keep trying in case new updates become available” in Windows Update. See this forum post for more details.
- Double-clicking on the Windows Defender icon in the notification area does not open Windows Defender. Fix* Right-clicking on the icon and choosing open will open Windows Defender.
- Surface 3 devices fail to update with SD memory card inserted.
- Pressing F12 to open the Developer Tools in Microsoft Edge mess.
- exe will crash and restart if you tap any of the apps listed in the Windows Ink Workspace’s Recent Apps section.
- Insiders who use Simplified Chinese IMEs or the Traditional Chinese Changjie or Quick IME to input text will find that the candidate window doesn’t appear when typing into certain apps.
- Navigating to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update may crash Settings app. (fix* You can simply re-open the Settings app again and it should work again).
- The “Save” dialog appears to be broken in several desktop (Win32) apps. The team is investigating.
Like what you read? Follow us on Facebook and Subscribe to get new post via Email.